Under the direct supervision of the Minister of Brand Engagement (Director of Marketing) and the Minister of Creative Harmony (Executive Assistant to the President) this position provides general administrative and marketing support to The Republic of Tea. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Only local candidates to the San Francisco Bay Area will be considered.
- Serves as first point of contact for internal and/or external customers;
- Responsible for answering main phone line, supporting incoming calls and requests;
- Orders office supplies, keeps stock room organized and well-stocked;
- Maintains the conference rooms and marketing displays, keeps displayed materials up to date and organized;
- Maintains and organizes off-site storage unit of marketing support materials;
- Provides internal IT Support, travels to the local Apple store, coordinates Ricoh copy maintenance and communicates with our IT department in Nashville, IL regarding any technical issues within the Novato office. Follows-up with any internal customers to ensure internal customer satisfaction;
- Files all new tea labels and keeps label binders up to date;
- Responsible for the organization of the 'Mock Up' and FedEx stations orders shipping supplies as needed, while keeping stock requirements and shipping materials available;
- Point person for office/kitchen cleanliness, organization and needs;
- Assists coordinating activities such as company events, meetings, travel, conferences, etc.
- Maintains and sends out internal contact list;
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information;
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff. Handles a variety of information and explains policies when necessary;
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects;
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
- Proofreads documents for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of documents;
- Provides daily tea service for internal meetings and guests, coordination of shipments & supplies, and notetaking in meetings and webinars.
Marketing Support Function:
- Regional Events Trade Show Coordination: Assists with the coordination of event logistics including collateral sourcing, packaging shipping and Minister travel plans;
- Assists with mock-ups, as well as in house templated design projects and changes to labels as needed;
- Assists in managing, cataloging and organizing images to gain understanding of the Creative Process Management;
- Assists with the execution of our social media editorial plans including scheduling posts, taking occasional photos and strategizing on content;
- Contacts tea manufacturers, organize product samples and coordinate approvals with Quality Control dept.
- Sources and identifies new vendors with whom to partner, and coordinate for branded giveaways;
- Completes ad hoc research projects such as social media dashboards, marketplace analysis', etc.
- Occasional independent travel required- reliable transportation needed
- Some college studies;
- Four years of administrative experience; with two in a marketing related field;
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite;
- Working knowledge of social media tools.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field; concentration on Marketing or Business Administration preferred;
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator;
- Working knowledge of project management software, i.e. Basecamp
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to develop self-managed processes and procedures in a timely manner;
- Comfortable working with external vendors and keeping to deadlines with tight timelines;
- Strong internal and external communication skills;
- Creative with a knack for beauty and functionality;
- Technical Capacity;
- Integrity and thoroughness;
- Ability to work individually and with a team; good collaboration skills;
- Takes initiative, self-motivated to learn;
- Ability to lift fifty pounds;
- Ability to travel for a week at a time up to three times a year for marketing events.
The Republic of Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer