Under the direct supervision of the Minister of Culture (Director of Human Resources) this position provides general administrative and human resources support to The Republic of Tea. The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Manager and Director. Deals with a diverse group of internal customers at all levels of the organization and throughout various domestic locations.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. Only local candidates to the San Francisco Bay Area will be considered.
- Serves as first point of HR contact for internal and/or external customers;
- Responsible for answering any HR related questions, incoming calls and requests;
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations;
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases;
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the Minister (employee) handbook and any policies or extra addendums;
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as needed;
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals;
- Assists in filing the EEO-1 report annually and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations;
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9;
- Audits and maintains employee HR files, both hard copy and electronically;
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures company-wide;
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Assists HR Team prior, during, post Benefits Open Enrollment;
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees;
- Monitors eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes;
- Administers COBRA for group health plans.
HRIS Implementation and Administration:
- Implements HRIS database;
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports;
- Develops and tracks HR related metrics;
- Looks for innovative ways of utilizing HRIS;
- Develops and organizes job descriptions, posts and tracks recruitment efforts;
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed, such as review of resumes/applications, screening interviews, etc.;
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt Ministers (employees) throughout various geographic locations;
- Conducts new-minister orientations and schedules 30/60/90 day onboarding reviews with department manager;
- Conducts 6-month HR interview to non-management Ministers;
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies;
- Distributes and monitors the performance evaluation program and tracks as necessary;
- Handles employee relations counseling, coaching and non-management exit interviewing;
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner;
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions;
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action;
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs;
- Identifies, develops/outsources and coordinates training for exempt/non-exempt Ministers;
- Responsible for coordinating, developing, delivering and tracking compliance training.
- Occasional local/domestic independent travel required. Reliable transportation needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field;
- Four to Eight Years of Human Resources Experience;
- Minimum of 4 years of HR experience in the state of CA;
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite;
- Working knowledge of HRIS.
- HRIS Implementation Experience;
- HR experience in MA and other states;
- Bilingual: Knowledge of conversational and written Spanish preferred;
- PHR Certification or SHRM-CP.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to develop self-managed processes and procedures in a timely manner;
- Comfortable working with internal and external customers;
- Positive and effective communication skills;
- Ability to coach managers in professional settings;
- Sense of urgency;
- Ability to develop trust;
- Ability to keep deadlines with tight timelines;
- Strong Technical Capacity;
- Cultural Awareness and flexibility;
- Integrity and thoroughness;
- Ability to work individually and with a team; good collaboration skills;
- Takes initiative, self-motivated to learn;
- Ability to adapt to change.
The Republic of Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer